Healthy Dark Chocolate Truffles
By: Kara Parnell
The humble avocado. Come on, what's not to love? They are creamy and delicious, incredibly nutritious, and a critical ingredient in some of our favourite foods. Avocado takes a taco over the top and makes a salad sublime. Where would our corn crisps be without guacamole, and where would breakfast be without smashed avo on toast? And as if being the major ingredient in the creamiest, healthiest ice-cream ever wasn't enough, the avocado is back, taking deliciousness one step further in this recipe for Healthy Dark Chocolate Truffles! With just 2 ingredients, these truffles couldn't be simpler, and with our good friend the avocado, they couldn't be healthier or more delicious!
photo credit: degtoxinsta.com
Servings: Approximately 20 pieces
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 C. dark chocolate chips
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil. Place a large glass bowl on top to make a double boiler. Stir chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from pot.
- Mash avocado with a fork until very smooth in texture. Add avocado to the chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Use two spoons to shape the truffles, (about a T. size each), and drop onto a plate covered with parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer or the refrigerator until set.
You can finish the truffles with a dusting of cocoa powder, or roll them in finely chopped nuts, if you would like.