FreshBox was born out of a crazy love and passion for good-quality, locally-grown, organic food - made easy.
Georgie worked in fashion and Ben was a signwriter, but after falling madly in love and coming up with a vision for a better future, we took a leap into the unknown.
Ben went to study permaculture design and he now specialises in growing for nutrient density with biological and organic practices. He likes to meet new farmers and manufacturers and when bringing on new farmers to FreshBox, he inspects each farm to ensure the farmer believes in and practices organic and sustainable farming.
We are on a mission to share our knowledge of health and wellbeing and we see a need for the food industry to change to benefit us and future generations. To do this, we supply organic foods that are free from synthetic pesticides, fertilisers and herbicides, fresh to your doorstep.
These foods are high in nutrient at a time of nutrient deficiency in both soil and our physical body. It is common in conventional agriculture to grow food on dead soil with synthetic fertilisers that embody only a small spectrum of soil nutrients and the wrong type of nitrogen in the form of nitrates.
Furthering our concern is the manufacture of GMO crops that contribute to the global problem of soil depletion. We are also concerned about the effects of these foods that we are seeing in our youth today, with high rates of illness and allergies, poor stomach flora and more.
Our community of customers and farmers are dedicated to changing the food system and the regeneration of our local food bowls on the fringes of our towns and cities. Without food sovereignty, who knows how free our children will be. If our food and water are monopolised by external corporations, we are at their mercy. If our food needs are met by our neighbour and members of our community, we have a co-operative food industry that is for its people; both the farmer and the consumer are free from exploitation.
Our goal is to connect you to local, organic and ecologically grown food, easy and conveniently. Here is exactly what we’re doing to breathe some life and social responsibility back into the food industry:
- Our fruit and veg are organic and free from synthetics.
- We are always encouraging sustainable practices that replenish and enhance the ecology of the system.
- Encouraging low food kilometres means less pollution, less time spent on the roads and more heart on the journey to your table.
- Our boxes are conveniently (and sustainably) delivered, meaning more time for you to do the things that you love.
- We believe in quality assurance - if you're not happy we will replace it in your next order.
- Our foods are of higher nutritional value, plus they’re really really fresh, meaning those leafy greens are picked straight from the ground the day before or morning of delivery.
- We care about our ethics. All farming practices are humane and the animals have a good life and are free-range.