Raw Chocolate Super Food Protein Balls
By Honor Tremain
We're always on the lookout for clever and quick ways to create healthy snacks for our children, to have available in the fridge or take to in their lunch boxes to school. These balls are raw and jam-packed with protein and superfoods that will not only give our kids the energy and nutrition they need, but they're so delicious, your only problem will be that the kids will eat them too fast! Oh well, this healthy snack is so quick and easy, you can always whip up more! Here's to happy, healthy snacking!
Servings: 24 Balls
Prep time: 00:12
- 450-500 mg Medjool dates, soaked in water for an hour, to soften
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon tahini or almond nut butter
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao crunchy nibs
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, for rolling the balls into
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon probiotic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon greens powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- Pinch black pepper
- In a large bowl, remove the pips from the dates and place dates in the bowl.
- Add all other ingredients, except for coconut and mix thoroughly with your hands until all evenly mixed through.
- On a separate large plate, lie out the coconut, and make little balls with the cacao date mix and then roll in the coconut.
- Place in an air-tight container and place in a freezer.