Asian Garlic Greens
By Nutritionist Honor Tremain and Kara Parnell
Kale. I feel healthier just saying it!
Is there anything better for you than kale? Kale boasts a long list of essential nutrients, like fibre, antioxidants, calcium, vitamin K, iron, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C. Kale may very well be the most nutritious food you can put in your mouth. So what can possibly be better for you than kale? How about kale combined with three more healthy and delicious green veggies!
This quick and easy recipe is as tasty as it is nutritious. With this simple preparation, the garlic and shallots add a depth of flavour, while still letting the beautiful veggies be the star of this dish.
Asian Garlic Greens makes the perfect side dish, or try served over brown rice for a light main dish.
Source: medicalnewstoday.com, "What are the Health Benefits of Kale?"
Prep time: 00:10
Cook time: 00:10
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons, extra virgin, cold-pressed, olive oil
- 1/2 bunch shallots, skinned and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan at moderate-high heat. Add the shallots, garlic, and salt. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add the kale, broccolini, zucchini, and asparagus. Stir frequently.
- Continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes, or until the kale and broccolini are tender.
- Add more salt if needed