Prep time: 00:15
By: Kara Parnell
The standard I use to rate any Mediterranean restaurant is not the freshness of the falafel, or the flavour of the lamb kebab, as much as I love those things...the success of any Mediterranean or Middle Eastern restaurant for me, is the quality of its hummus. I can't get enough of this creamy dip, drizzled in olive oil and topped with fresh herbs. The good news is, I don't have to wait to go out for hummus, I can have it anytime at home, in just a few minutes, and with just a few ingredients.
This Coriander and Lime Hummus is fresh and healthy, quick to make, and so delicious. It's perfect for a quick lunch, or to bring to a potluck with friends. Break out the pita crackers, slice up some crunchy veggies, like capsicum, cucumbers or carrots, and dig in!
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 C. tahini
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 C. water
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 C. coriander leaves
- 1/2 C. olive oil, more for finishing
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- Add chickpeas. tahini, lemon and lime juice, water, garlic and coriander leaves to a food processor and blend for 2 minutes. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend for an additional minute or two until smooth.
- Add salt and siracha, pulse a few times, and taste. Add more salt or siracha if desired.
- Place hummus in a bowl, and serve by drizzling with more olive oil, a few drops of siracha, and a pinch of coriander leaves.