Crispy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
By: Kara Parnell
What if we told you there was a healthy and satisfying snack as utterly addicting as a bag of salty crisps? What if we told you that said snack couldn't be easier to whip up and is bursting with wonderful deep, smokey and spicy flavours? If we're talking healthy and delicious and super snackable, then friends, were definitely talking about our incredible recipe for Crispy Oven Roasted Chickpeas!
We're fan of chickpeas in any form: tossed in a salad, in a soup, made into a creamy hummus. But these oven roasted chickpeas take this beautiful legume to the next level...crunchy, spicy, pop in your mouth goodness.
Prep time: 00:05
Cook time: 00:30
- 1 400 g. can of chickpeas
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Drain the can of chickpeas, and dry on a clean dish towel or paper towel.
- Add the chickpeas to a large bowl, and toss with olive oil to coat.
- Add the spice mix to the large bowl and toss until chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Spread the chickpeas in one even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake the chickpeas for 25-30 minutes, shaking the tray every 10 minutes, or until they are golden and crispy on the outside, but still soft on the inside.
- Remove the tray from the oven, sprinkle with fresh coriander, and serve hot, or let cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.