Fiesta Grain Bowl
By: Kara Parnell
We're back with another tempting grain bowl to make your weeknights easier, and more delicious! This Fiesta Grain Bowl brings all of our favourite authentic Mexican flavours together in one place, for a quick and easy meal worth celebrating! This grain bowl is loaded with hearty grains, beautiful, healthy veggies, and even a little protein from the spicy black beans. Whip up this meal tonight, and make an ordinary weekday feel like a weekend fiesta!
Prep time: 00:10
- 2 C. cooked brown rice
- 1 400 g. tin of black beans
- 1 350 g. jarred corn
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 red or green capsicum, diced
- 1 or 2 radishes, sliced
- 1 sprig of coriander, chopped, stems and all
- juice of 1 lime
- Heat the black beans in a small saucepan. Add the cumin, turmeric, cayenne and salt and pepper.
- Divide the brown rice between two small bowls.
- Top rice with black beans and corn. Arrange the avocado, tomatoes, capsicum, and radishes, to look as good as this grain bowl will taste! Be sure to divide ingredients evenly among the two bowls.
- Sprinkle with coriander, and squeeze the juice of half a lime over each bowl.
If you can take the heat, swap out the milder capsicum for a spicy chilli! Jalapeno or Habanero chillies would be delicious!