Mediterranean Grain Bowl
By: Kara Parnell
How is it that a grain bowl manages to be both slapdash, and somehow elegant? How can something that tastes so good and looks so beautiful, be so easily whipped up on a busy weeknight? There's no end to the tasty combinations you can imagine up for a grain bowl. (Stay tuned for more fun and healthy combinations coming to Fresh Box soon.) This Mediterranean Grain Bowl of Goodness is one of our faves! It's got it all! The warm quinoa is a perfect base for the fresh tomato and cucumber, which contrast so well with the creamy chickpeas and feta. The herbs bring it all together and kick the flavour up a notch. Give it a try!
Photo Credit: fromscratchfast.com
Prep time: 00:02
Cook time: 00:10
- 2 C. cooked quinoa
- 1 400 g. can of chickpeas
- 10-12 grape tomatoes, halved, or one medium-sized tomato chopped
- 10-12 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 a small cucumber, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 T. chopped fresh coriander
- 75 g. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 C. plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Divide the cooked quinoa between two small bowls.
- Drizzle the quinoa in each bowl with about a T. of olive oil.
- Continue to divide the chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, cucumber and feta cheese, evenly between the two bowls. Take care to make the grain bowl as beautiful as it is delicious.
- Top with fresh herbs.
This recipe is easily made vegan by substituting vegan cheese and yoghurt.