No-Churn Vegan Avocado Ice-Cream
Prep time: 00:05
By: Kara Parnell
It's not just for toast anymore!
I can't tell you how happy I am that the beautiful avocado has made its way over into the world of desserts! I might have been a little sceptical at first, but one bite of this gloriously green dessert and any sceptic quickly becomes a convert. Avocado in ice cream just makes sense! It has that unparalleled creamy texture, it's loaded with healthy fats and is an amazing natural substitute for the traditionally used double cream. It has a mild taste which, when sweetened, is a perfect ingredient for a dessert.
This recipe whips up in minutes and couldn't be easier. Give it a try! One bite and you'll happily hop on board the avocado for dessert train!
Photo Source: acalculatedwhisk.com
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 bananas, peeled, chopped and frozen
- 1 can of coconut cream, (400 ml.)
- 4 T. honey
- 1/2 C. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor, scraping sides as needed.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container, cover, and place in the freezer overnight.
- Let thaw for a few minutes before scooping.