Prep time: 00:10
Cook time: 00:40
By: Ben McKeown
Another fantastic remake of a traditional meal by Ashley Jubeniville - the Kitchen Coach.
- 1 pkg. (250g) Gluten-free Spiral/Penne/Macaroni/Shell Pasta (=3-4 serves) to serve 10, use 750g
- 1/2 cup (100g) Lentils or Moong Dhal (dry measure) - soaked 12hrs
- 1 med. (120g) Onions
- 2 LG. (20g) Garlic cloves
- 1 sm. (150g) Zucchini
- 1 bag (250g) Mushrooms (mixed kinds is best)
- 1 med. (250g) Eggplant
- 2 Tbsp (25g) Olive oil
- 1 cup (250g) Homemade stock/broth (OR 1/2 Cup
- white wine + 1/2 cup water)
- 1/4 cup (15g) Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Tamari, Coconut aminos, or 1 Tbsp Miso
- ⅓ Cup (80g) White wine
- 3/4 Cup Cashew cream (see below)
- 1/2 Cup Cashews (dry), soaked 30 min.
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Prepare a large frying pan (30cm or electric) or soup pot, AND a separate pot to cook the pasta.
- If using raw lentils or dhal, drain them from their soaking water (if applicable) and add them into the large pan or soup pot with 2 cups of freshwater.
- Bring the lentils to a boil and then let them simmer on medium heat for approx. 15-20 min. or until tender.