Pomegranate and Pear Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
By: Kara Parnell
Pomegranates. Those ruby red little gems of goodness! Don't be deceived by their small size, they are giant powerhouses of nutrition, boasting an impressive list of vitamins and nutrients: vitamins K, C, fibre, potassium, protein, folate, and a whole lot of antioxidant goodness!
Our recipe for Pomegranate and Pear Salad With Honey Lime Vinaigrette is a lovely, quick and easy way to use this wonderful fruit! (Well, pomegranates are botanically classified as a berry, if we're being technical.) The contrast of flavours and textures in this salad is wonderful! The plump little pomegranate seeds and the pecans add fantastic crunch and a perfect contrast to the soft, juicy pears and creamy feta. It's a well balanced, sweet and savoury delight!
What are you waiting for? Whip us this salad and add a whole lot of nutrition to your next meal with this little tiny superfood wonder, the pomegranate seed!
Nutrition Facts Source: healthline.com, "12 Benefits of Pomegranate"
Photo Source: thebestblogrecipes.com
Prep time: 00:10
- seeds of 1/2 a pomegranate
- 2 pears, diced
- 3 C. mixed baby greens, (or any baby green you prefer)
- 3 T. plus 2 tsp. finely chopped mint leaves, separated
- 1/4 C. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 C. pecans, or almonds roughly chopped
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1 1/2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 T. lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the salad: Add pomegranate seeds, pears, baby greens, and mint to a large serving bowl, and toss.
- For the vinaigrette: Add the olive oil, vinegar, honey, lime juice, and salt and pepper to a glass jar with a lid. Shake vigorously until well combined.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette on the salad a little at a time, tossing as you go, until the salad is just coated.
- Top with the feta cheese, pecans and the extra 2 tsp. fresh mint.
This salad is also very tasty without the feta, for a vegan option.