Roasted Garlic and Herb Compound Butter
Prep time: 00:10
By: Kara Parnell
The beloved chef Julia Child, in true words of wisdom, once said, "With enough butter, anything is good." I'm sure that Julia would agree with me, that if butter makes things good, our recipe for Roasted Garlic and Herb Compound Butter will make anything simply amazing!
Compound butter is a quick way to take your cooking to the next level. It truly does make a good recipe unforgettable. Top a steaming hot, roasted sweet potato with a slice, mix it in your riced cauliflower, spread a bit on toast, and top with sliced tomatoes and a little salt and pepper.
Make Julia proud, and see what compound butter can do to elevate your dinner tonight!
Image Source: istockphoto.com
- 1 stick of salted butter, softened
- 6 cloves, or 3 tsp. roasted garlic, (see this recipe)
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped chives
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients, and mix until garlic and herbs are well incorporated with the butter.
- Place butter in a log shape on a large piece of parchment paper. Use the paper to roll the compound butter into a cylinder shape, and fold in ends of paper to seal. Place in an airtight container or a gallon-sized ziplock back, and place in the freezer.
- When ready to use, remove from the freezer, and cut off a slice, or two, or as many as you need.