Rosemary Oven-Baked Chips
Prep time: 00:15
Cook time: 00:35
By: Kara Parnell
Cheese and crackers, anchovies and pizza, bread and butter...they don't even come close to the perfect pairing of potatoes and rosemary! It's a culinary match made in heaven! The crispy and tender, golden brown salty chips we love, are taken to a whole new level of sophistication and flavour, with the addition of this bold herb. These chips are easy to prepare and bake up pretty quickly, making them perfect for a dinner side dish, absolutely awesome paired with a salad for lunch, or an amazing midnight snack!
Photo Credit: nadialim.com
- 6-8 medium to large unpeeled potatoes, sliced into 1/2 thick chips
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 tsp. coarse salt, like Himalayan Pink salt or Kosher
- 2 T. fresh or dried Rosemary
- 2 tsp. garlic powder or granules
- Preheat oven to 190 C.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and use a spoon or your hands to coat all ingredients evenly with the oil and spices.
- Transfer to a baking sheet, spreading out into one even layer, making sure, as much as possible, that each chip is laying flat on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, (turning chips over about halfway through), until the chips begin to turn golden brown and are tender, and can easily be poked through with a fork.