Sourdough Choc Chip Discard Cookies
These are my go to when I have a last minute friend dropping in for a cuppa. Story-May loves them for her lunchbox and they are far better for her than any store bought biscuits.
(Makes approx. 12 cookies)
50g sourdough discard
100g of room temp butter
80g light brown sugar
50g coconut sugar
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla powder
½ tsp salt
150g sifted flour - Bakers, spelt or fresh milled
80g chocolate chips
1. Mix everything together in a bowl or Thermomix or whatever kitchen aid you have. Mix until all is smooth and combined. The dough may be a little sticky but don’t worry.
2. Roll into the balls about 55g and place onto a baking tray (6 per tray cause they spread) or into a container if you are going to freeze them. If the dough is sticky wet your hands to help roll into a ball.
3. Once you are ready to bake them, preheat the oven to 190C fan forced.
4. Add some extra chocolate chips on top of each cookie if you wish.
5. Bake for approx. 13-15 minutes (depending how hot your oven is so keep an eye on them).
6. When they come out of the oven, use a cookie cutter or egg ring to bring the shape back to an even round shape.
7. They will be very soft. So let them rest on the oven tray for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a cooling rack, make a cuppa and enjoy!!!