Tofu & Rice Noodle Salad with Coconut and Lime
370g Firm tofu
120g rice noodles
100g snow peas
1 red capsicum
1/2 cup Coconut cream
6 tbs tamari
2 tsp coconut sugar
2 tsp Sesame oil
1. Bring a pot of salted boiling water to the boil.
2. Prepare the dressing. In a large bowl combine the coconut cream, juice of lime, tamari, sugar and sesame oil, whisk until even in consistency. Set aside.
3. Prepare the tofu. Slice the tofu into 1cm pieces and add to the coconut dressing.
4. Prepare the noodles. Add the noodles to the boiling water and turn off the heat, breaking up the noodles gently with a pair of tongs, allow to cook for 8-10 minutes with a lid on, until al dente, drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. And set aside.
5. Meanwhile prepare the vegetables. Use a peeler to peel the carrot into ribbons. Remove the stem and stringy side of the snow peas and slice into 1cm pieces on an angle. Deseed the capsicum and slice into 1/2cm wide strips. Cut the cucumber lengthways and slice thinly on an angle. Roughly chop the peanuts.
6. Serve the salad. Add the noodles, vegetables and peanuts to the bowl with the coconut dressing and toss to combine. Divide the salad into serving bowls and serve immediately.