Coconut Yoghurt Naan
By: Kara Parnell
There's something about homemade bread, that just makes any meal more satisfying and complete. But, making bread is no small feat, and most of us don't have an extra 2 hours on a busy weekday for kneading and rising. In enters this beautifully simple and quick recipe for Coconut Yoghurt Naan, warm and chewy flatbread, ready to bring to the table in just a few minutes.
Inspired by flatbread recipe at biggerbolderbaking.com
Photo Source: minimalistbaker.com
Servings: 12 naan
Prep time: 00:10
Cook time: 00:05
- 2 C. coconut yoghurt or greek/natural yoghurt
- 2 C. or about 240 gr. plain flour or any GF flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tsp. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Extra Virgin olive oil for frying
- coarse salt for finishing
- Combine flour and baking powder in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add coconut yoghurt, and mix with a fork until just combined.
- Place on a floured surface and use hands to finish bringing the dough together. Don't overwork.
- Form a ball with the dough, and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll out each ball with a rolling pin until about 2.5 cm. thick.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle in about a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Place rolled out dough in pan and fry until it begins to bubble up, and underside turns golden brown. Flip over and fry the other side until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley leaves and coarse salt. Serve hot.
The recipe is originally made with plain Greek Yoghurt, but substituting it with coconut yoghurt is an easy, tasty way to add a delicate coconut flavour, and enjoy this warm and versatile bread vegan style.