Give Me Some Greens Kale Salad with Avocado and Pistachios
By: Kara Parnell
When I've said yes to one too many chocolate chip cookies, or scoops of ice-cream, I bring back balance to my life with a beautiful, vibrant, jam-packed full of nutrition, salad!
Avocado, tomatoes, spinach, kale, nuts and seeds, and fresh herbs! Not only is this gorgeous salad lovely to look at and bursting with flavour, but it brings a powerful nutritional punch as well. Think fiber, vitamin K, antioxidants, folate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron...and that's just from the Kale!
Bring back beauty and balance to your table with this quick and easy, incredibly delicious salad.
Nutritional info source: naturalfoodseries.com, 13 Amazing Health Benefits of Kale
Photo Source: halfbakedharvest.com
Prep time: 00:15
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp. fresh dill
- 200 g. of baby spinach
- 200 g. of kale, chopped to about same size as baby spinach, messaged
- 1 400 g. can of chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 C. pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 C. sunflower seeds
- 1/2 C. egg-free mayo
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- dash of hot sauce
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small glass jar with a lid, add egg-free mayo, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, turmeric, paprika, and salt and pepper. Shake jar vigorously until ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and toss. Add dressing from jar, and mix to evenly coat all ingredients.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use or serve immediately.
It's quick and easy to massage kale before eating fresh, and it makes the kale much more tender and easy to chew and digest. Simply rub kale with your fingers for a few seconds or until kale turns a darker green.