Krispy Marshmallow Treats
Prep time: 00:30
By: Ben McKeown
Fluffy Marshmallow on a crispy, crackly base with a drizzle of chocolate on top
Rice Krispie Base:
- 3–4 tbsp coconut oil (or non-dairy butter)
- 22 dandies vegan marshmallows
- 4 cups gluten-free Puffs. I used buckwheat. You could use rice, millet or a combo of all.
- Marshmallow Layer
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 20 dandies vegan marshmallows
- ½ cup semi-sweet (or dark) vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional, adds shine)
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- Line a baking dish with baking paper and set aside. Note: the larger the pan, the thinner the squares will be.
- Melt coconut oil on medium-low heat. Add in marshmallows and allow them to melt into fluff by continuously stirring and breaking them up with a wooden spoon (it helps to get them to melt a bit faster).
- Add puffs and mix the entire mixture thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture into a baking dish. This part will be a little messy and a little sticky, so use 2 spoons to help you along. Use a sheet of baking paper to flatten and press the mixture, by laying it on top and pressing in with your hands or with a flat object. Press the mixture down as much as you can and flatten the top so that the mixture is even.
- Put the pan in the fridge to cool off while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.