Mango Coconut Milk Ice-Cream
By: Kara Parnell
How often have you wished you could dive into that container of Chocolate Mint ice cream in the freezer for breakfast? Tell me I'm not the one with this morning dilemma. Unfortunately, we all know that ice cream for breakfast isn't the healthiest way to start your day...unless of course, it's Vegan Mango Coconut Milk Ice-Cream! Now you can have ice cream for breakfast, (and lunch and dinner and dessert), guilt-free!
This recipe is quick, healthy, vibrant and refreshing, and best of all, packed with all the nutritional goodness of mango and coconut!
Photo Source: youtube.com
Prep time: 00:15
- 2 C. mango, peeled, cut into chunks, and frozen
- 3/4 C. coconut milk
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 3/4 C. brown rice syrup, divided
- 1/2 C. shredded coconut
- 2 T. white or black sesame seeds
- Add mango, coconut milk, lime juice, and 1/2 C. brown rice syrup to a food processor. Process for 2 minutes, or until ingredients are well combined and smooth.
- Transfer ice cream from food processor bowl to a metal bread pan, cover, and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the topping by dry roasting the coconut and sesame seeds in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Toss the ingredients around the pan with a spoon continuously, to avoid burning them. They are perfectly roasted when you begin to smell the coconut and nuts, and they begin to turn golden brown. Add the remaining 1/4 C. of brown rice syrup to the pan and cook until the syrup becomes hot and bubbly. Continue cooking and stirring continuously for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Scoop frozen ice cream from pan, and drizzle with toasted coconut and sesame seed syrup. YUM!