By: Kara Parnell
One of my favourite things about really great food is its ability to transport us! I've never been to India, but I can imagine myself there, in the land where "the air is full of spices". With the heat and spice of Indian climate and cuisine, no wonder this wonderful country was inspired to make the perfect refreshing counter in Mango Lassi.
If you're looking for a refreshing escape from the heat of summer, whip up our quick and easy recipe for Mango Lassi today!
Quote: A Little Princess, by Frances Hodgeson Burnette
Image Source: thenutfreevegan.net
Prep time: 00:05
- 2 C. fresh mango, cubed
- 1 1/2 C. plain yoghurt, (Coconut yoghurt would also be fantastic!)
- 1/3 C. honey, or agave nectar
- 1/2 C. almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and pulse until smooth.
- Test for sweetness, and adjust accordingly. (Some mangoes are naturally sweeter.)
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
If you are looking for a chilled, thicker version of this recipe, try throwing your mango in the freezer for a couple of hours first. Or, you can always throw in a handful of ice cubes. For extra elegance and flavour, garnish with fresh mint leaves and/or extra pieces of mango.