Minestrone Soup Immune Recipe
by Nutritionist, Journalist Honor Tremain
Vegan, Wholefood, GlutenFree, DairyFree, JunkFree, HighProtein.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Teaspoon, dried turmeric
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 large purple carrot, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups organic vegetable stock
- 1 Litre of tomato puree or pasta sauce
- 1-cup mung beans, soaked overnight, drained, rinsed and cooked.
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- ¼ jap pumpkin, sliced
- 1 cup kale, sliced
- 1-cup enokitake (enoki) or shitake mushrooms
- ½ cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon, balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Optional: serve with a scoop of cooked brown rice for a complete protein option.
And choose organic ingredients where possible.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil; add onion and garlic- sauté until golden.
- Add turmeric and stir for a further 30 seconds.
- Add all vegetables and stir.
- Add stock, water, tomato paste and legumes to sauce pan, put lid on, bring to boil, then simmer on low for 20-30 minutes.
- Add balsamic, salt and pepper, and stir before serving.
- Serve hot or cold and Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-30min