Olive Parsley Hummus
Prep time: 00:06
By: Ben McKeown
traditional hummus with a twist of seasonal herbs and olives.
- 425g of cooked (soaked overnight before cooking) or canned organic chickpeas (soaked).
- 1 or more, fresh lemon, squeezed (depending on taste) or 1/8 cup of balsamic as an alternative.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon, organic dried turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup organic cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large kalamata olives, pitted
- ¼ cup parsley leaf
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse chickpeas well, soak overnight in clean, purified water and rinse and cook in the morning (if dried) or rinse well if from a can.
- Add chic peas to all other ingredients, and blend well in a blender.
- Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Add more olive oil and lemon juice to smoothen the texture if desired.
- Serve with gluten-free crackers, vegetable sticks or lavash bread.