Orange and Honey Glazed Carrots
By: Kara Parnell
Being committed to making a healthy dinner for our families night after night is a noble goal! We want to nourish our families with healthy, fresh, local food, but even with all the beautiful healthy food available with Fresh Box, we know that sometimes the toughest part of making healthy meals for our families is honestly just thinking of what to make! If you're bored of the same old side dishes night after night, mix things up a little with this bright and sweet recipe for Orange and honey glazed carrots. This recipe is simple, with just a few ingredients, that work so incredibly well together, to deliver an easy and tasty side dish, that the whole family will get excited about.
Lovingly Adapted from my Mother-in-Law, Katie Parnell's recipe.
Photo Credit: foxyfolksy.com
Prep time: 00:12
Cook time: 00:20
- 8-10 large carrots
- 2 oranges - 1 sliced thinly, then chopped finely, and one juiced
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 C. honey
- 2 T. butter
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. fresh chopped dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel carrots, and chop into long 3 inch pieces. Cut on the bias for a more elegant look.
- Steam carrots in boiling water in a medium-sized pot for 15-18 minutes, depending on how tender you prefer them.
- Combine the chopped oranges, orange and lemon juices, lemon zest, honey, mustard, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter to the pan.
- Transfer carrots to the hot pan, and pour over the orange mixture, and stir until carrots are coated.
- Let carrots simmer for about 3 minutes until they are glazed. Add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle on fresh dill.