Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos
Try our easy sweet potato tacos tonight! The warm, spicy, roasted veggies, pair perfectly with the creamy avocado and the cool freshness of the coriander and lime. One of the best things about tacos is their versatility. Feel free to adapt this recipe to your mood! You could try adding some black beans and fresh corn, and topping with a dollop of plain Greek yoghurt. For even more freshness and a little crunch, make a quick slaw with some red or green cabbage, thinly sliced apple, a little honey, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into long, 10mm thick slices
- 1/2 onion, sliced to be a similar size to sweet potatoes
- 1 capsicum, sliced to be a similar size to sweet potatoes and onion
- 1 T. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 T. olive oil
- 10-12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Small bunch of fresh coriander
- Juice of 2 limes
1. Preheat oven to 218 C. or 425 F.
2. Place sweet potatoes, onion, and capsicum, on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Mix together all the spices, including salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over veggies on baking sheet, and use hands to mix until everything is coated evenly with oil and spices.
4. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until veggies are golden brown, and a fork goes through the sweet potatoes easily.
5. Assemble tacos by adding some roasted veggies to a corn tortilla, and topping with avocado, a pinch of coriander leaves, and a squeeze of lime juice.