Summer Veggie Kabobs
Prep time: 00:25
Cook time: 00:15
By: Kara Parnell
This recipe for Summer Veggie Kabobs delivers all that is beautiful and memorable about summertime...fresh garden veggies, cooking outdoors, sunshine and family and friends. It's like summertime on a stick! You supply the friends and family, and Fresh Box has got you covered with the fresh, local, organic, seasonal veg. It's what we do! There's a fair bit of chopping and prep involved with this recipe, but assembling the skewers is fun and comes together quickly. The sweet and tart and herbaceous marinade is a summer flavour punch that everyone will love. So, make it a night of family and friends and good healthy Fresh Box fun, with our Summer Veggie Kabobs tonight!
Photo Credit: damndelicious.net
- 2 large capsicum, one red, one green
- 1/2 red onion
- 15-20 small mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 C. olive oil
- 1/4 C. lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 C. coriander, chopped
- 2 T. honey or maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- Soak 8 skewers in a bowl of water.
- Chop the capsicum, onion and zucchini into bite-size pieces. Take care to make veggies similar sizes so they will cook at the same rate.
- Make the marinade by whisking together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, coriander, honey, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add all the veggies, including the mushrooms and tomatoes, to the bowl, cover, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Assemble the skewers according to your preference. (This is a fun way to let the kids help with dinner! They love making colourful patterns, and best of all, if they make their own skewer, they're more likely to eat all those healthy veggies! I dull the points of the skewers a little first, to make this activity more kid-friendly.)
- Grill on a barbecue, turning regularly, allowing each side to char just a little, and the veggies to soften. Approximately 5 minutes per side.