Tofu Scramble and Oriental Tempeh Lettuce Wraps
This is a great meal to share and explore colours, textures and tastes with the kids. Have a chat and really enjoy a family dinner.
Prep time: 00:15
Cook time: 00:15
- 1 whole cos lettuce leaves for the cups.
- 1 bunch Fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized red onion
- a squeeze of lime.
- 1 packet Sautéed Mighty Bean oriental tempeh
- 3 medium chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 100g fresh crunchy sprouts or Alfalfa
- 1/2 bunch fresh shallots
- sautéed mushrooms.
- 2 large fresh avocado mashed
- 1 packet firm tofu
- 1tbsp olive oil
- turmeric to your taste, as strong as u like. Start with 1/2 tbsp
- 250ml natural coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp heaped freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp dash maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp flaxseed oil
- 1 tbsp hemp oil
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Salad: chop parsley, tomato and red onion salad with a squeeze of lime and dribble of olive oil.
- break off lettuce leaves, rinse and allow to dry.
- Tempeh: Sautée tempeh in coconut oil 1tbsp
- Carrot: Once I finished the tempeh I threw in the chopped carrots for a few mins to heat and soften in the oils.
- Greens: Fresh crunchy sprouts or Alfalfa
- Sautéed mushrooms: Using 1 tbsp coconut oil sautee mushrooms for 5 minutes
- Avocado: mashed
- Tofu: mash tofu and finely chop Shallots, pan fry with love in olive oil and turmeric.
- Dressing: Combine coconut yoghurt, braggs liquid aminos, heaped freshly grated ginger, flaxseed, hemp, avocado and olive oil, a squeeze of orange juice, mix on a medium speed.
You can put almost anything on a salad leaf, experiment with some of your favourite fillings and then change the leaf. You might try Mulberry leaves, Radicchio or steamed cabbage.