VEGAN BLUEBERRY YOGHURT CHEESECAKE
Method and Ingredients
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews make by soaking raw cashews in boiling water for a few hours or overnight until soft, then drain.
- 1 cup COYO coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crust 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup soft Medjool dates
- Blueberry Compote
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- a few drops stevia liquid or 2-4 tablespoons maple syrup
1. In a food processor blend the ingredients for the crust until the texture is minced and sticks together when you press some of the dough between your fingers.
2. Line the bottom of a 7" round springform cake pan with parchment paper, then press the crust dough into it.
3. For the filling, blend the cashews and coconut oil together until smooth then add the rest of the ingredients for the filling and blend for a few minutes (about 5) until completely smooth!
4. Pour the filling over the crust and chill in the freezer while you prepare the blueberry compote.
5. In a small saucepan add all the ingredients for the blueberry compete and stir. Let the mixture reduce over medium/low heat for about 20 minutes until the berries are soft and the "shells" flake off. Then blend the mixture with a hand blender and pour over the cashew filling. Freeze for 2 or more hours until the cheesecake is solid and ready for serving.
6. Optional: top with fresh blueberries.