By: Ben McKeown
Looking for a delicious vegan dish to feed the family? Why not try our healthy vegan lasagne that is packed full of flavour!
Prep time: 00:10
Cook time: 00:55
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 red chillies, seeded
- 400g button mushrooms, quartered
- 300g pumpkin, peeled, cubed
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 800g of lentils soaked or canned
- 800g canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs or fresh herbs
- 1 cup of homemade vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 packet of Spelt Lasagne Sheets
- 2 cups oat milk
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. In a deep frying pan heat oil on medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and sauté until the onion is tender.
- Add quartered mushrooms, cubed pumpkin diced capsicum and herbs and continue to sauté for a further 4 mins.
- Stir in drained and washed lentils, tomatoes, vegetable stock and tomato paste.
- Bring mixture to the boil then reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- While the mixture is thickening, make the 'white' sauce. In a bowl, slowly stir the oat milk into the miso until a smooth texture. Add nutmeg to taste. In a saucepan on low heat combine the oil and spelt flour, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and blend in the miso mixture until smooth. Return your 'white' sauce to high heat and stir until thick.
- Cover the bottom of a lasagne dish with half vegetable mixture. On top of this add lentils and cover with half miso sauce. Add a single layer of rice and corn lasagne sheets. Repeat the process 2-3 times depending on how many layers you want.
- Bake lasagne for 40-45 mins. Remove from oven and let sit to cool and set.
Option: add vegan cheese.