Vegan Nourish Bowl
1/2 cup Quinoa
60ml Extra virgin olive oil
350g Pumpkin Jap
1/2 tsp smoked Paprika
1 Eggplant 260g
140g Cherry tomatoes
Sea salt and cracked pepper
60g nuts & seed mix
2 tbs Tahini
1 clove garlic
1 tsp Sumac
1. Preheat oven to 190c.
2. Prepare the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa very well in a pot of cold water, agitating with your fingers to help remove the foamy texture from the grain, strain through a fine sieve.
3. Prepare the vegetables. Cut the pumpkin into wedges and remove any seeds.
4. Halve the eggplant lengthways and score the insides with a sharp knife 2cm apart on an angle then the same again running the opposite direction so you have diamond like scores in the flesh. Trim the broccolini. Half the lemon. Crush the garlic.
5. Cook the quinoa. Add the quinoa to the pot with 1 cup of water and a good pinch of salt. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed by the quinoa. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
6. Meanwhile cook the vegetables. Arrange the pumpkin and eggplant drizzle with half the extra virgin olive oil and season with cracked pepper. Sprinkle the cut side of the eggplant with half of the sumac. Coat the pumpkin with the paprika and roast in the oven for around 25 minutes until tender, cooked through and golden in colour. Lay the broccolini, tomatoes and nuts and seeds on another lined tray drizzle the broccolini and tomatoes with remaining olive oil season with salt and pepper and cook in the oven for 10 minutes until the tomatoes are blistered, broccolini is tender and the nuts and seeds are golden.
7. Meanwhile make the tahini sauce. In a bowl add the tahini, garlic, juice of half the lemon, 3 Tbs of water, the remaining sumac and season with salt and pepper, stir until smooth in consistency and set aside.
8. Divide the quinoa into bowls and top with the roasted vegetables, drizzle with the tahini sauce and scatter over the nuts and seeds. Serve immediately.