Israeli Salad With A Twist
By: Kara Parnell
We are in love with this salad! It's everything a salad should be...loaded with colourful veg, full of fresh and vibrant flavours, and exciting! There's nothing worse than a salad with no personality - flat, flavourless, boring.
This Israeli Salad With A Twist is vibrant, fresh, and full of bright herbaceous flavours. It's quick and easy to make and can either shine as the main dish for a light dinner, served with pita and a hunk of feta cheese, or as a beautiful side dish to elevate your meal.
Prep time: 0:15
- 6 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1 green capsicum, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 ripe mangoes, finely chopped
- a handful of chopped or torn parsley
- a handful of chopped or torn coriander leaves
- a pinch of chopped or torn mint leaves
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add all the beautiful veggies and herbs to a large bowl and toss.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to a small glass jar with a lid, and shake vigorously until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until well coated.
- Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
This salad is at its most refined and beautiful if you are careful to dice all the veggies and fruit to a similar size.